| eMule is a file-sharing client which is based on the eDonkey2000 network, but offers more features than the standard eDonkey client, because its open source but under the restrictions of the GPL License. |
- Clients use several networks to create one reliable network. (ED2K, Source Exchange, Kad)
- eMules Queue and Credit system helps to ensure that everyone will get the file he wants by promoting those that upload back to the network.
- eMule is completely free. eMule is also completely free of any adware, spyware, ect.
- Each file checked for corruptions while downloading to ensure an error-free file.
- The eMules Intelligent Corruption Control helps to speed up the correction of corrupted parts.
- Auto priorities and source management allows you to start many downloads without having to monitor them.
- The Preview function allows you to look at your videos and archives before they are completed. For video previewing, the publisher recommends the Video Lan Client.
- The eMule features Web services and a Web server that allows you to have quick access to and from the Internet.
- You can create categories for your download to organize them.
- To find the file you want, eMule offers a wide range of search possibilities which include: Servers (local and global), Web-based (Jigle, and Filedonkey), and Kad (Still in Alpha).
- eMule also allows you to use very complex Boolean searches that make the searches much more flexible.
- With the messaging and friend system, you can send messages to other clients and add them as friends. In your friend list, you can always see if a friend is online.
- With the build in IRC client, you can chat with other downloaders and chatters around the globe.
What's New in version 0.49a Beta 1:
- Beta versions now create a small test text file which is shared by eMule to help us debugging protocol changes (esp Kad). On exit this file is deleted
- Fixed a bug with the "Open Directory" menuitem in the shared files window [Stulle]
- Major Kad protocol improvements, like kad obfuscation, better NAT handling, direct callbacks, flood protections, etc.
- Several changes to the message system to get rid of spammers (by Captchas) and stay in touch with friends with dynamic IPs
- Several GUI improvements like storing searches between eMule sessions, a searchfilter for shared files and easier access to the comment filter
- And as always fixing bugs and adding other small changes